Monday, August 12, 2013

I AM EMPLOYED!

After a little over 3 months of being jobless, I have one! I have put my resume (and myself) out there and applied to a lot of different jobs. There are quite a few options up here, with five different hospitals and four of them have labor and delivery, which is what I have been doing.

The job I have...Labor and Delivery Night Shift at the Native Alaskan Hospital. I have taken a traveler position. What does that mean? It means that I have a temporary job that will last 13 weeks. This job accepts nurses from any of the 50 states and will pay them a little extra and to help out with a nursing shortage. The hospital knows I live here, but I wanted a traveler position to see if this is what I want to do. There are so many options and it is nice to keep those options open.

This hospital serves the Native Alaskan's and it is magnet status! The only one in Alaska. Kinda excited about that status. For those non medical, Magnet Status is the highest certification a hospital can get in regards to nursing. 

If they like me, and I them, I might see about staying on after my 13 weeks are over.



Shelby and  Dylan gave me a basket full of goodies to get me through my first week of work. SO NICE!!!

Thank you Dylan, Shelby and Cooper!



No comments:

Post a Comment