Friday, August 2, 2013

Our Home






I mentioned in a previous blog that after just three days of being in Anchorage, we were offered a house on base.We were driving around with Lilly Pomeroy from Saudi and she was showing us some nice neighborhoods when we had a call from the military housing office that we were offered a four bedroom house. We qualified for a 2 bedroom, because we do not have kids, so we were pretty excited!

This pic gives you an idea of how the houses are connected. At least we are on the end. 


We arrived at this potential home and it was a little depressing for me, not gonna lie. This base has some beautiful new housing, but we were offered the old house. It is a four-plex, four houses attached.
It does have four bedrooms, but the bedrooms are small. Our master has our bed in it and one nightstand- that is all that will fit. So I have my room with a dresser in it and also made a little craft room.  Drew has his "Man Cave" and clothes in that room. Then we have a guest bedroom, we hope will always be full of people visiting Alaska!
We planted flowers! Grow baby grow!
As you walk in, all you see is stairs.


                                                   
Upstairs has the living room, dinning, kitchen, two bedrooms, and a bath.  If you go downstairs, we have two bedrooms, a bath and the laundry room.
Here is Alaska the entry is call the Arctic room, if it has a door leading into the house. We can close that door behind Yoyo and in front of Bobby to keep the cool air out of the rest of the house. Thanks for posing puppies!


Our family pictures as you go upstairs.
Upstairs: Living, dinning, kitchen and guest bedroom, the Man Cave, and Drew's bathroom. 


Above the TV are eight frames that I put scrap-booking paper in. Drew came home and I was just nailing randomly. So he
swooped in, measured and now all of them lined up perfectly. He was happy, it gave him a chance to be geeky. 
Our 10x10 Couch. It is HUGE! Thankfully it fits nicely in the living room.







Pretty Small kitchen
Dinning Room, no table yet, but I do have one picked out! I bought this rug for $5, here at a garage sale!



The Man Cave, this was the only one of our couches that would fit in this room

Drew has his clothes in here and his bathroom upstairs. Aunt Jo's lamps!

Guest bedroom!! Come visit! Our first visitors are my parents at the end of the month!
Our little deck :)

Backyard
Downstairs: Master bedroom, my bathroom, Laundry room and craft room (which also has my clothes).



Our bedroom

My bathroom

I made this about a year ago. It is a frame my mom found, I spray painted it white, covered sheet metal with fabric and glued magnets to my makeup.

I have my brushes and other makeup underneath the magnet board :)








 Bigger than our bedrooms is the ...Laundry Room

Got this desk off craigslist up here. Will organize and blog about it later.
My dresser.

I feel better about this place now that we have made it our own. It works for us and we have made it home.

1 comment:

  1. Such a big space- despite the small rooms! So happy you're getting settled!! I really want to come visit! Maybe once baby is walking we can make a trip up :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete