Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here it Goes...Again

Friends, I didn't even realize that it has been over a month since I've blogged. Guess that is what having a job will do.
The job is going well. I enjoy being a nurse. I dance around between labor and delivery, postpartum, being the baby nurse and triage. So I have a lot of hats to wear. It is making me grow as a nurse. Getting use to how this hospital does things is an adjustment. Not saying one is better than the other, just different.

My parents were here for 10 days and we had a blast with them! Now they are in Washington state visitng Lisa and the kiddos. I will put the pictures up on the next blog.



Around the middle on August, Drew and I met up with some old family friends from Saudi. Cindy and John Lippard. They were here in Anchorage for John to run a Marathon. He is almost to his goal of a marathon in each state. We had dinner and it was really great to see them after so long. I was just 13years old when they left Saudi.
I showed them a shirt of Kyle's that I still wear. What is significant about that shirt, is the John made it for the youth group in Saudi, SUMMIT, back in '99ish. It is has Christian meaning throughout the shirt, but it is "in code", so we could wear it in Saudi. Kyle loved that shirt and I was able to show to to John.









Then around August 26th, Liz Brown from boarding school had been in Alaska fishing for the summer and she stayed with us for two nights before heading back to the "lower 48".
It was really great to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment