Tuesday, June 11, 2013

First Leg- Lexington, Kentucky

Yesterday, Monday, June 10th, 2013, we started out on the colossal road trip. 

First leg
 From Clanton, AL to Lexington, KY

Boppa, Granddaddy and Mama saw us off in the morning.

Granddaddy telling Bobby what he was about to embark on!
That's us driving off with Drew's redneck engineering to keep the top carrier on the roof, without a roof rack. Only time will tell if it actually works, but we have tested it and it has done well so far! 

 We had made an appointment with a vet in Clanton, AL to get health certificates for the dogs, Bobby and Yoyo,  to go through Canada. So we didn't get far before we had our first stop. 

We enjoyed snacks that the Pebley's gave us! They gave us a goodie bag of snacks, wet wipes, febreze, tissues... Very handy!! The dogs got one too !
And of course trail mix! Thanks Tammy!! 

One goal- to get pics of each state sign... 

We met up with Jamese, Ben and Marshall Spears. Jamese and I grew up together in Saudi. We ate at Ramsey's . It was good country cooking. We all had some sort of veggies and corn bread. 

We headed back to the hotel after dinner and walked our "Seven Legs". They did so well driving and practically slept the 7 hours in the back seat. 
After walking, Drew and I went swimming and enjoyed the hot tub at the hotel! That was great and well needed after 7 hours in car. Guess I need to get use to that. :)

Today, Jamese and Marshall met us at the hotel. We snuck them in the side door so they could have free continental breakfast too... Shhhh, don't tell.  ;)

We went to see Ben at work. He is a chiropractor. I have never been to one, but not because I had anything against it.  I thought, if he has a moment, it might be time to see what this adjustment thing is all about. He did, Jamese went first. He popped, twisted and pushed and then she jumped up. A little nervous after seeing that, he asked me questions, like if I had back/neck pain. And I do, once in a blue moon my neck with get "bent out of shape" and hurt so bad, like I have pinched a nerve. I also let him know my neck was a little sore today. He took all that into consideration and said to lay on the table. Umm...a little nervous, but willing to try. He popped, twisted and pushed and therefore, adjusted me. It took literally 3 minutes. I really did feel better after it. He explained it was like taking two Tylenol, it's temporary. Due to 28 years of muscle memory, my body will revert back to being tight soon after the adjustment.  It was helpful and a neat experience. Might check out chiropractors in Anchorage! 
    Marshall and I at this Dad's practice. 
              Jamese and Marshall

Jamese then took us to an elementary school she had designed at her engineering job. 
Oh yes, she is due in August and looking beautiful!! 


We went to a park to let the dogs run and we talked. Drew found a tree to do pulls-up on and Bobby almost had a ground hog for lunch. 
We left from there today and now on the road to Springboro, OH to see family!!

On the road again....

1 comment:

  1. Ramsey's is the other place I was going to recommend! Their fried chicken, friend okra and gravy is to die for! If you went to the original one it was in my old neighborhood! Sounds like a fun time. Oh how I miss my Ol' Kentucky Home!

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete