Saturday, June 29, 2013

Leg Fourteen- Back in the USA

America!!!!
We crossed into ALASKA!! 
     On Alaska time, one hour behind the pacific time zone.
                  Boarder crossing. 
It was very easy, they didn't want to see Drew's orders or the dog's health certificate. Just passports, registration to the car, and Drew's military ID. 
We stopped at this gas station .... Not to get gas thankfully... Check out the price. 
I wrote our names in the bathroom 
Suzanne and Drew. 6/29/13 drove from Alabama.


Before getting to Alaska, we did have some beautiful views...
           Snow capped mountains 
Love these pics of Bobby and me taken back in Ohio. 
      Big yawn, guess I was boring him. 

We are staying the night in Tok, Alaska in a cabin.
                      Our cabin 

Check out the grass the roof and the lawn mowers. 
We ate at a so called famous place here in Tok. 

       Enjoyed an Alaska made beer. 




On a sad note, Frances McGuire, who I grew up with in Saudi died yesterday. She was in Thailand. My heart goes out to the McGuire family. I am so sorry for your loss. 




No comments:

Post a Comment