Friday, June 7, 2013

This past week

Hey there!! 

Ok, I have changed the blog name 3 times since I started this last month. It was road trip Alaska, then the southern desert rose moving to the igloo and now... The one to stick..... Seven legs to Alaska.....I give credit to my Mom for that name.

 Why?? Bobby and YOYO (our dogs) are enjoying this adventure with us and together they have seven legs. Yoyo is an amputee. We hit him with a car almost three years ago and recused him. He had to amputate his right back leg. 


This past week I went to Florida, Lake Mitchell, Birmingham, Columbus, Ga.  Last Thursday we drove to Orlando to celebrate Noelle and George's wedding. We had a great time seeing old friends from Saudi. My Mom, Dad, Drew and I drove in the trusty Rhonda the Honda. 
This is the hotel we stayed in. HyattRegency Grand Cypress.  Hands down the nicest hotel Drew and I have ever been to. 
The wedding was also at the hotel, so it made it so convenient. 
Drew and I riding a paddle boat at the hotel lake. 
   
      Congratulations Noelle and George 

              
Great pic of my parents 

                       The Horton's 

                      The Belvo 
                 Love this picture 

Dad went back to Saudi from Orlando. he had it safely back. 

Mom, Drew and I drove back to Lake Mitchell (the lake as I call it) We has a dinner cruise on the boat Monday night after Drew worked on the car all day. It's so nice to have a handy guy who can do all of that. He changed the oil, rotated the tires, replaced the brakes and the engine belt. So now Rhonda and Honda is ready for her big road trip! 

After eatting dinner on the boat 





That was the sunset that night. One of the prettiest sunsets I've seen on Lake Mitchell. 
Later on that night, our friends from Columbus came to spend the night. Tammy, Chris and their daughter Hannah. Of course the a/c stopped working. :( I told them, welcome to the sauna. We had fans from Durwood and Karen and those really helped out. 
The next day, the boys wanted to investigate the a/c unit so we, the girls, took a boat rude and went swimming. 
               The girls on the boat! 

                     Hannah posing
                               Lol
Hannah driving the boat. We were going extreme right and then extreme lett while she was at the wheel. As a result, making Tammy feel sick. 

After swimming, we picked up the boys and took another boat ride.
                Hannah and her Dad 
The Pebley's with their loner dogs, (our dogs) Bobby and YoYo. They have kept them so much this year. We appreciate everything they did/do. They are truly great friends and we will miss them a lot. 
The view from the cab with our guest in the bed of the truck. Hannah loves Mr. Drew. 
On Tuesday, we mom and I went to see cousins. We started playing the game on my phone "heads up". Supper fun if anyone hasn't heard of it. You can play charades or just guess the word, just can't say the actual word. 
                     Raegan and me
 
                       Cousins!! 


Thursday was my birthday and I really wanted to see my grandparents. So we brought lunch and headed to Selma, Al


Durwood, Karen and Brittany made it special by having a great dinner cruise. Jax helped by decorating with streamers, that he called the celebration. 
            Brittany, Mom and Aurora 
            Durwood driving the big boat 

Friday( yesterday) we went to Columbus for the day. We saw our friends for lunch. Colette and Jimmy and Madison (Jimmy's daughter) she was so well behaved. We didn't take one picture. Colette is already 33weeks pregnant. 
Colette and Jimmy at the beach Memorial Day Weekend. 

We also saw Ben and Julie at lunch. He is having surgery Monday. Will be thinking and praying for him. He reminds me of my brother and I talked his ear off because he has nerve damage. He is planning of getting a spinal cord stimulator just like Kyle. 

For dinner on Friday, we took Chick-Fil-A to Misty and Gary. They had their second baby, Mary Grace, two weeks ago. 
   Misty, Gary, little Gary and Mary Grace 
I couldn't hold Mary Grace because if a cold I have. She is beautiful. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! 

 GodBless 

No comments:

Post a Comment